So Canoeing trails... wah lau... why so many people? 80 plus boys, 12 will be selected only. Woh... it's gonna be tough.
So the coach was saying that there'll be 2 sections in today's selection.
1. Test for Stamina
2. Test for Strength and Endurance
So for Stamina we had to run around the track(400m) twice, and the top 40 will go for the next round. Yay i made it.........
There were only 30 remaining when the next round starts... so immediately jump into picking the top 15. We were asked to run 10 rounds!! The sound of that is like wth... but he assured us that we'll probably run 3-4 rounds only as he'll call out 1 by 1 to go out. And yes i made it to the top 15!
This was it... Strength and Endurance... all my circuit trainings back in Sec Sch... put it to use. Wait... that was like 3 years back? Crap. So we did non-stop push-ups and crutches, until left with 12 boys. Each one of us has to count (10s or 20s) of push-ups or crutches, depending on coach. So there's like 15 boys and 10 girls... and like i swear i never did so many push-ups and crutches one shot in my life! After the third round of going through everyone's counting (like 100 over push-ups and 100 over crutches!!), I gave up, as I know i'll definitely cannot do anymore push-ups. That was my threshold at this point of time... i know i could do better back then in sec sch... but then was then, now is now. I have to face the fact.
I failed to make it into the team as I know I cannot fit in at this point of time, and I don't wanna cheat my way in by pretending to do push-ups. But those 12 selected, more then 3/4 of them have no kayaking experience... so they want the fittess 12 and start from the very basic of canoeing... for competition. Haiy... I hope I can take part in their Land training and prove my worth!
Donovan blogged at
5:27 PM
From blood we take...
to blood we give...